11 August 2007

Shirt of the Week

In addition to everything else, I design t-shirts for my print on demand t-shirt shop, Cartesian Bear. Every week or so, I'll be featuring one design, with a photo and some info about the image.

This week's shirt is the highly unofficial t-shirt from Milliway's, the Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe:



This is the first in a series of science fiction bar shirts, the shirts that famous sf bars would sell if they sold souvenir shirts. I will add more shirts to this series as inspiration strikes — I've already got an idea for Arthur Clarke's The White Hart. [I'm still at a loss for Callahan's ... any ideas?]

Milliway's from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy always struck me as a sleazy Vegas-style lounge, thus the sleazy Vegas-style neon sign. I hope Douglas Adams isn't rolling in his grave.

As with all of my designs, the image can be printed on many different styles of shirt, from basic tees and sweats to strappy camisoles. They can be had in a vast array of colors, and in sizes for kids, juniors, women and men up to 3XL.

Check out the Milliway's Bar Shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment